Serving the Greater Portland Metro and the Surrounding Communities
Your safety is important to us here at Beaver Electric. It is critical that you and your household take the proper precautions in household electrical safety.
Here are a few tips to avoid electrical danger from happening within your home:
• Prevent the risk of electrical shock by keeping all electrical connections dry and away from water.
• Bind up all extra wires with zip ties and secure loose wires so no one is at risk of tripping.
• Do not plug too many extension cords in to on outlet, instead use a certified power bar.
• Know the location of your electrical panel & know how to use your breaker.
• Have a fire extinguisher close bye in case of an electrical fire.
• Make sure to pull the plug, not the cord, when disconnecting an electrical device.
• Unplug any electrical device when it is not in use.
• Never replace a fuse with a metal object.
• Always contact a certified electrician to do any wiring in your home.
• Use light bulbs that are the correct wattage requirements for the lighting fixture.
• Never force a three prong plug into a two prong only outlet.
Contact Us today to inquire about any electrical work you need done. Fill out the form below or give us a call at 503-992-0195.